UPDATE 8 July 2020
Some good news!
Although Connex Community Support offices remain closed to face-to-face visitors at the moment, we are hoping to re-open some of our offices very soon, subject to appropriate safety measures being put in place. We are still fully operational behind the scenes. Watch this space for further updates.
The following services are now back up and running!
- Home from Hospital
- Handy Van
- Home Maintenance (from week commencing 13 July)
- Our Befriending services and Readycall service are providing support and social contact to isolated and vulnerable people through telephone calls and Zoom/Skype where appropriate.
We have continued to provide the services below throughout the pandemic:
- Collection and delivery of prescriptions for those in self-isolation
- Domiciliary care visits – we are following strict government guidelines on provision of home care services
- Transport services should recommence very shortly, although with additional safety measures in place.
We regret the following remain suspended for the time being:
- Group social activities, such as Kurling, Meet and Eat, Coffee Mornings, Cancer Support Group, Book Groups etc
- Befriending home visits
- Minibus transport
Our phone lines are currently open from 9.15am – 1pm only. This will remain in place until further notice.
NEED TO FIND HELP DURING SELF-ISOLATION?
Coronovirus Support Directory
Please click here to access a directory of support services across the High Peak you can access for employment/benefits/business help, foodbanks, health advice, isolation support, mental health, parcel couriers, recreation, shop delivery, transport and volunteer centres.
Derbyshire County Council’s Community Response Team
Call the Community Response team to find out who could help you with shopping, food delivery, travel, etc . Call:
The phone line opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Saturday 9am to 1pm.
HEARING AID BATTERY SERVICE IN BUXTON
Please note: Chesterfield Audiology have confirmed that during the current coronavirus pandemic, hearing aid batteries can be posted out to customers.
01246 514 403
and your batteries will be sent to you direct.
We are hoping to reinstate in person battery collection from our Buxton office from August 1 – please phone us first to check on 01298 23970
FUNDRAISING CHAMPION VACANCY at Reuben's Retreat Salary: £20,000 pa Full time - 37.5 hours per week Based: Ashton-under-Lyne/Glossop Join us! We have a Fundraising Champion vacancy to join our expanding team here at Reuben's Retreat! This is an exciting new role...
As a volunteer driver, you will provide a door-to-door service, staying with clients for up to two hours at medical appointments or dropping them off and collecting them later for longer appointments. In the High Peak we also have two of our own vehicles - a...
Our new WAV is taking shape! Feels like we've been waiting ages, but we're nearly there. Our new Vauxhall Combo XL is starting to take shape. These are the first stages of conversion to a wheelchair accessible vehicle. We can't wait for our clients to be able to see...