Connex has our very own Captain Tom – the latest update!
Alan’s recovery, being supported by our own Home from Hospital service!
A little video Alan sent through of Fiona from Home from Hospital visiting to bring him some supplies – including Paracetemol!
Alan’s taken a tumble! He had an unfortunate run-in with a delivery van (which he refers to as ‘a little spill’!) on his way back from Saturday’s ride. If you visit his challenge website you can see what happened: https://www.alans-challenge.org.uk/
It looks worse than it is, he assures us he’s OK but he’ll be out of action for a while. He had completed 11 of the 19 rides at this point and still intends to finish the rest once he’s fully recovered, so do please continue to support him!
Alan’s marathon mountain biking challenge is well underway now
You can find out more about the challenge by going to:
or go directly to https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/alans-challenge to donate now! He wants to raise £25,000 in total – so far he’s reached £5000 – so any help you can give, either by donating or sharing details – will help.
COME ON ALAN!!!!
UPDATE 10 September 2020
Buxton office re-opens!
From Monday 14th September, the Buxton office will be open to the public at the following times:
- Monday and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am-2.30pm (closed for lunch 12.30 – 1pm)
- Wednesday 9.30am to 12.30pm only.
The phonelines at Buxton will be open from 9.15am to 2.30pm daily with a ½ hour break as above.
The following services are operational
- Handy Van
- Home Maintenance (from week commencing 13 July)
- Befriending services and Readycall service are providing support and social contact to isolated and vulnerable people through telephone calls, letters and Zoom/Skype where appropriate.
- Domiciliary care visits – we are following strict government guidelines on provision of home care services
- Home from Hospital: practical support continues such as shopping and prescription collection, however staff and volunteers are not currently conducting indoor visits. We also offer support online, on the phone and by video call.
- Transport Services, although with some restrictions regarding types of trip, use of face masks and limits to number of passengers. Please check with our High Peak and our Dales Transport offices for more information, or go to our Transport page.
- Wheelchair loan is available – £10 deposit – please book in advance of collection
We regret the following remain suspended for the time being:
- Group social activities, such as Kurling, Meet and Eat, Coffee Mornings, Cancer Support Group, Book Groups etc
- Befriending home visits
- Minibus transport
Connex Community Support partners with Buxton Street by Street We have exciting news! We are delighted to tell you that, thanks to a grant from the National Lottery, Connex are teaming up with Buxton Street by Street, the community group set up at the start of the...
Our new wheelchair accessible vehicle has arrived! We are delighted with it - thanks Gowrings Mobility. Our Head of Transport took this picture on a recent sunny day. Although Transport is currently operating a limited service due to the ongoing pandemic, we are...
FUNDRAISING CHAMPION VACANCY at Reuben's Retreat Salary: £20,000 pa Full time - 37.5 hours per week Based: Ashton-under-Lyne/Glossop Join us! We have a Fundraising Champion vacancy to join our expanding team here at Reuben's Retreat! This is an exciting new role...