Connex has our very own Captain Tom!
Well – it’s almost here – Alan’s mammoth mountain biking mission to raise funds for Connex, Buxton Street by Street, and Connected Buxton website!
You can see his video and find out more about the challenge by going to:
or go directly to https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/alans-challenge to donate now!
COME ON ALAN!!!!
UPDATE 10 September 2020
Buxton office re-opens!
From Monday 14th September, the Buxton office will be open to the public at the following times:
- Monday and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am-2.30pm (closed for lunch 12.30 – 1pm)
- Wednesday 9.30am to 12.30pm only.
The phonelines at Buxton will be open from 9.15am to 2.30pm daily with a ½ hour break as above.
The following services are operational
- Handy Van
- Home Maintenance (from week commencing 13 July)
- Befriending services and Readycall service are providing support and social contact to isolated and vulnerable people through telephone calls, letters and Zoom/Skype where appropriate.
- Domiciliary care visits – we are following strict government guidelines on provision of home care services
- Home from Hospital support, via telephone/letter/video
- Transport Services, although with some restrictions regarding types of trip, use of face masks and limits to number of passengers. Please check with our High Peak and our Dales Transport offices for more information, or go to our Transport page.
- Wheelchair loan is available – £10 deposit – please book in advance of collection
We regret the following remain suspended for the time being:
- Group social activities, such as Kurling, Meet and Eat, Coffee Mornings, Cancer Support Group, Book Groups etc
- Befriending home visits
- Minibus transport
Our new wheelchair accessible vehicle has arrived! We are delighted with it - thanks Gowrings Mobility. Our Head of Transport took this picture on a recent sunny day. Although Transport is currently operating a limited service due to the ongoing pandemic, we are...
FUNDRAISING CHAMPION VACANCY at Reuben's Retreat Salary: £20,000 pa Full time - 37.5 hours per week Based: Ashton-under-Lyne/Glossop Join us! We have a Fundraising Champion vacancy to join our expanding team here at Reuben's Retreat! This is an exciting new role...
As a volunteer driver, you will provide a door-to-door service, staying with clients for up to two hours at medical appointments or dropping them off and collecting them later for longer appointments. In the High Peak we also have two of our own vehicles - a...