Connex has our very own Captain Tom!
The launch ride has been delayed to 26 September to give Alan extra time to prepare, and will now take place at the Pavilion Gardens at 11am. Please come along then to cheer him on!
Alan Thompson, our incredibly energetic trustee, is doing some serious fundraising for Connex. We are to be one of three beneficiaries of Alan’s extreme bike riding challenge, which will take place in September and October, with Alan ‘going downhill fast’ over 19 different scary bike trails in the Peak District. That’s some challenge for a 75 year old!
Behind the scenes, Alan has been training hard, and has put a lot of time and effort into getting this underway – it’s now our turn to help him. Can you help him to raise money for Connex and the community?
The event will be launched from Buxton’s market place at 11am on Saturday 12th September – do come along to help give Alan a big ‘socially distanced’ send off!
You can see his video and find out more about the challenge by going to:
or go directly to https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/alans-challenge to donate now!
UPDATE 10 September 2020
Buxton office re-opens!
From Monday 14th September, the Buxton office will be open to the public at the following times:
- Monday and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am-2.30pm (closed for lunch 12.30 – 1pm)
- Wednesday 9.30am to 12.30pm only.
The phonelines at Buxton will be open from 9.15am to 2.30pm daily with a ½ hour break as above.
The following services are operational
- Handy Van
- Home Maintenance (from week commencing 13 July)
- Befriending services and Readycall service are providing support and social contact to isolated and vulnerable people through telephone calls, letters and Zoom/Skype where appropriate.
- Domiciliary care visits – we are following strict government guidelines on provision of home care services
- Home from Hospital support, via telephone/letter/video
- Transport Services, although with some restrictions regarding types of trip, use of face masks and limits to number of passengers. Please check with our High Peak and our Dales Transport offices for more information, or go to our Transport page.
- Wheelchair loan is available – £10 deposit – please book in advance of collection
We regret the following remain suspended for the time being:
- Group social activities, such as Kurling, Meet and Eat, Coffee Mornings, Cancer Support Group, Book Groups etc
- Befriending home visits
- Minibus transport
Our new WAV is taking shape! Feels like we've been waiting ages, but we're nearly there. Our new Vauxhall Combo XL is starting to take shape. These are the first stages of conversion to a wheelchair accessible vehicle. We can't wait for our clients to be able to see...
We would like to say thank you to the following organisations for our latest donations! We received a very generous £270 from High Peak Lodge of the Masons. We also received £25 from Chapel Ladies Guild, following a talk given by Howard Gunn, our Transport Manager....
We currently have Trustee opportunities at Connex. Would you like to help the future development of our charity and support people in need in the Peaks and Dales? Connex Community Support is dedicated to helping older, disabled and vulnerable people live safer and...