UPDATE 30 July 2020
HEARING AID BATTERY SERVICE IN BUXTON
We are happy to announce that from 3 August, we will once again be able to supply hearing aid batteries to people who receive their Audiology care from Chesterfield Royal Hospital.
Please phone us first to check available collection times on 01298 23970
Some good news!
Although Connex Community Support offices remain closed to face-to-face visitors at the moment, we are hoping to re-open some of our offices very soon, subject to appropriate safety measures being put in place. We are still fully operational behind the scenes. Watch this space for further updates.
The following services are operational
- Handy Van
- Home Maintenance (from week commencing 13 July)
- Befriending services and Readycall service are providing support and social contact to isolated and vulnerable people through telephone calls, letters and Zoom/Skype where appropriate.
- Collection and delivery of prescriptions for those in self-isolation
- Domiciliary care visits – we are following strict government guidelines on provision of home care services
- Home from Hospital support, via telephone/letter/video
- Transport Services, although with some restrictions regarding types of trip, use of face masks and limits to number of passengers. Please check with our High Peak and our Dales Transport offices for more information, or go to our Transport page.
We regret the following remain suspended for the time being:
- Group social activities, such as Kurling, Meet and Eat, Coffee Mornings, Cancer Support Group, Book Groups etc
- Befriending home visits
- Minibus transport
Our Buxton office phone lines are currently open from 9.15am – 1pm only. This will remain in place until further notice.
NEED TO FIND HELP DURING SELF-ISOLATION?
Coronovirus Support Directory
Please click here to access a directory of support services across the High Peak you can access for employment/benefits/business help, foodbanks, health advice, isolation support, mental health, parcel couriers, recreation, shop delivery, transport and volunteer centres.
Derbyshire County Council’s Community Response Team
Call the Community Response team to find out who could help you with shopping, food delivery, travel, etc . Call:
The phone line opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Saturday 9am to 1pm.
We would like to say thank you to the following organisations for our latest donations! We received a very generous £270 from High Peak Lodge of the Masons. We also received £25 from Chapel Ladies Guild, following a talk given by Howard Gunn, our Transport Manager....
We currently have Trustee opportunities at Connex. Would you like to help the future development of our charity and support people in need in the Peaks and Dales? Connex Community Support is dedicated to helping older, disabled and vulnerable people live safer and...
We are holding a Trustees Week Tea and Cake Afternoon! Could you use your skills and experience to help a local charity develop and grow? As a Trustee you can meet new people, build your CV and learn about how the charity sector operates. We currently have...