Connex Community Support is a local charity providing support to people in need across the High Peak and Derbyshire Dales.
We help older people, families, children and young people to live safer and more fulfilled lives within their communities.
We help people to feel less isolated and to retain their independence. We work with people with disabilities and we support carers. We help people to build skills and confidence through volunteering. These are just a few of the ways that we change people’s lives.
We understand what people need and how to provide it. Caring is at the heart of what we do and we respect the dignity of the people we support.
We are looking for an office-based volunteer to support our Transport Service based in Buxton, helping with the arranging of customer journeys and relevant administration.
The role would be ideal for someone who enjoys being in a busy office and interacting with people on the telephone, along with good organisation skills and willingness to train on the Transport Service database and booking system.
What you will be doing:
- Taking customer requests for transport by phone or in person
- Inputting the requests on to the computer booking system.
- Contacting volunteers to arrange the customer requests into booked journeys
- General reception tasks such as forwarding phone calls or helping visitors to the office with their queries
- Having a cuppa with other staff and volunteers!
What you will need:
- Ability to get to our office in Eagle Parade, Buxton (travel expenses reimbursed as below)
- Enjoyment of being in an office environment and interacting with people
- Good communication skills on the phone and face to face
- Ability to work with or learn how to use a database
- Some ability to multitask.
What you can get from this:
- A sense of achievement and wellbeing from helping and interacting with customers and volunteers
- Insight into the workings of a charity which provides lots more services
- Database skills (training will be provided)
- Progression of your communication and administration skills
- Travel expenses within a reasonable distance as per public transport cost or 45p per car mile
How to find out more and apply:
- Please contact us or express your interest by emailing email@example.com or phoning us on 01298 23970 and ask for Howard.
- We would then arrange to meet you for an informal interview and to provide us with some more details about yourself in a brief application form, amongst which the contact details for two referees.
- Once all this has been completed to everyone’s satisfaction, you are ready for the training.